Friday, June 22, 2007

Wham: The benefits of Arnica Montana

As you know, for the last two weeks I have been traveling internationally and posting irregularly. I will be returning to the USA and beginning regular Sham vs. Wham updates on Wednesday of next week.

Hotel beds are "iffy" at best. Despite a great attempt in the US hotel market to improve the quality of their guests sleep, the philosophy has not worked itself yet to Europe. I have been staying now for the past week in Lisbon, Portugal, where I came to do a series of speeches at the Gulbenkian Institute of Science (Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia). Unfortunately, the hotel has not upgraded their beds in a long time (either that or the Portugese people love to sleep on very, very unusual mattresses).

My problem is that I've been awakening with a very stiff and sore lower back each day. (I ordinarily sleep on a Tempur-Pedic). Luckily, I had with me a tube of a Gel product produced by the French homeopathic company Boiron, called "Arnica Gel." It is composed of Arnica Montana along with some other inert ingredients.

I don't know how people can doubt the power of homeopathic remedies like this one. After using that Arnica Gel on my lower back, I felt an immediate easing of the stiffness and pain. While it didn't remove all of it, it removed enough so that I was able to forget about it for the day. Plus, it does not have a greasy feeling or the strong smell of menthol or chemicals that so many other back pain remedies have. This product is a winner!

Dave

No comments: